Your Local Memphis Massage Therapy
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the systematic manipulation of the soft tissue of the body. It can be described as applying different kinds of pressure to your muscles to increase health to help your body heal after injury or sickness. This form of holistic care is a balance of mind, body, and spirit. It focuses on all three components working together. We believe that promoting all three of them at the same time is the way to bring out the optimum benefits.
Unfortunately many people see getting a massage simply as a treat or a reward. While it can certainly be a reward for hard work, massage therapy can do so much for you health!
Massage has been used for thousands of years. This widely known healing art is one of the most enjoyed ways to promote and restore health naturally. You might have heard this before and that’s why you’re here, or possibly you’ve come across this page because you need to relax. Either way, massage therapy is a wonderful tool to help you get the treatment you deserves.
20 Reasons To Make Massage Therapy A Habit
Massage has been used for thousands of years. This widely known healing art is one of the most enjoyed ways to promote and restore health naturally. You might have heard this before and that’s why you’re here, or possibly you’ve come across this page because you need to relax. Either way, massage therapy is a wonderful tool to help you get the treatment you deserves. Here are 20 reasons we believe massage therapy should be a habit:
- It can relieve tension in tight muscles.
- It supports oxygen flow throughout the the body.
- It can stabilize the circulation of oxygen and blood. This encouraging the body to operate smoother.
- It can stimulate the nervous system. It does so by addressing the nerves right under the skin and also the main branches that radiate down the spine.
- Headaches can lessen as tissues of the head are relaxed.
- Chronic pain can improve.
- Digestion can improve.
- It releases toxins that are trapped in your body. Be sure to drink plenty of water after your massage to flush them out.
- It can improve muscle tone.
- It can help prevent muscle spasms.
- Nerves can function more efficiently.
- It can help keep the lymph system healthy. This can contribute to the body’s capability to release toxins.
- It can help keep the skin healthy, strong, and supple.
- It can help remove the top layer of dead cells. This means improving the condition of your and making it feel and look healthier!
- It can help release fatty tissue from the body.
- It can contribute to a happier mood.
- It can relieve stress.
- It can help to reduce anxiety.
- It can help insomnia related to stress.
- It can help lower blood pressure.
Massage Therapy is an essential part of health care because it does so much to support the body’s functions.
Which massage should I start with?
The Swedish massage is always good for beginners or if a person is unsure of what they are really looking for in a session. It is a soothing, relaxing massage that you can reap great benefits from!
A Couple Common Massage Therapy Questions
What Can I Expect From My First Visit?
Our front desk staff will give you the proper form to fill out or you can download it here and bring it in. The massage therapist will bring you to your room and go over your paperwork, asking a few intake questions when they deem necessary. All therapists have a method to their massage and at this time they should explain their routine. They will then leave to give you privacy while you get on the table.
Do I Need To Be Completely Naked?
It’s all about your comfort level. The massage therapist will understand if you feel most comfortable wearing underclothes. If you prefer to remove all your articles of clothing then you may do so. Our therapists keep your complete comfort in mind and will not judge you for your choice.
Do I need To Book In Advance?
Unfortunately you do have to book in advance. Our slots get filled up quickly, so please call as early as possible to ensure that a room is available. Simply call us at (901) 737-8282 to speak with our friendly staff and book your appointment.
Our massage therapists take great care in providing the level of treatment that you need. Not only do they take note of your trouble spots, but they also look deeper into the matter, asking questions with the intent of relieving your suffering!