Whether you’ve been thinking about getting colon hydrotherapy or just now discovered that it existed, you’ve come to the right place. Colon hydrotherapy is something that can help with an entire list of ailments.
History of Colon Hydrotherapy
Historians have been able to trace different forms of colon hydrotherapy back so far as the Egyptians. In the 5th century B.C., Herodotus wrote, “The Egyptians clear themselves on three consecutive days, every month, seeking after healthy by emetics and enemas, for they think that all disease comes to man from his food.”
Of course the Egyptians weren’t the only ones to use this method of cleaning out the body. It was a popular form of treatment for decades. For some reason, however, during the late 19th and early 20th century this popular method of cleansing dwindled.
It wasn’t until J.H. Kellogg, one half of the brothers who invented Corn Flakes, brought back the practice of colonics that the treatment was revived and started to be used regularly.
Dr. Kellogg was so determined to help people keep their insides clean that he wrote a book called “Colon Hygiene.” It was published in 1915 and is available here. I’m weird enough to say that I found it to be quite an interesting reading!
From his book:
“Constipation with its consequences is the result of unnatural habits in relation to diet and colon hygiene which prevail among civilized people.” (Page 12)
He adds on this page that a healthy colon is something you must strive for and that it’s not going to happen overnight or by some miracle. You want it? You need to work for it.
In 1932 Dr. Kerr Russell wrote a book called “Colonic Irrigation.” That was the first documented use of that term.
What Are The Benefits of Colon Hydrotherapy?
A colonic can help remove excess or toxic waste that gets trapped in your body. It helps you release the matter that won’t come out during normal bathroom time and the waste you might not even know is in there. The nice thing about colonics is that you can essentially remove the dangerous matter in your colon without exposing yourself to harmful chemicals or laxatives that eventually cause your body to stop working properly.
15 Reasons To Get Colon Hydrotherapy
- It helps you clear out yeast or candida.
- Increases the ability for good intestinal flora to flourish..
- Helps remove impacted and dehydrated fecal matter.
- Brings back muscle tone to your colon.
- Aids the working of the male bladder and prostate organs.
- It is the gentlest way to help a constipation problem.
- It is a non-chemical alternative to constipation issues.
- It can increase energy.
- It can help make the digestive system more effective.
- It can improve the body’s absorption of vitamins and nutrients.
- It can decrease your risk of colon cancer.
- It can help kick-start weight loss by removing excess fecal matter and removing the accompanying bloat.
- It can improve your entire body’s well-being.
- It can help to curb or eliminate junk food cravings.
- It can improve skin health.
When you use colon hydrotherapy as a way to clean out your bowels, the colon’s walls are constantly flushed with water. This helps to remove the mucous and the caked on fecal matter which can contain hidden bacteria, parasites, candida and other poisonous material.
“In my judgement, the action of just one colon hydrotherapy is the equivalent to someone undergoing twenty coffee enemas. What we eat, the processed foods such as breads, pastas, sugars, and refined desserts hit the gastrointestinal tract like glue which becomes nearly indigestible.” Dr. Pamela Whitney
Not only is colon hydrotherapy a safe way to cleanse the colon, but it is a technique that can help with the relief of irritable bowel syndrome with gas and bloating, chronic constipation, abdominal discomfort. Cleaning your body out of impurities makes it easier for your body to respond to treatments and ultimately heal itself.
About The Machine and How It Works
Our LIBBE machine is registered with the FDA. The water is temperature controlled and back-flow prevention valves are in place. The LIBBE also has pressure sensors, temperature sensors, and built in sanitization units. The water goes in a carbon filter, which takes out impurities. Then it travels through an ultra-violet water purification unit which kills bacteria in the water before it ever reaches you.
A small amount of water flows gently into the colon, helping to stimulate the muscle naturally and causing the peristaltic action that helps you to release softened waste. A disposable rectal tube is used during the procedure. After each use the colonic machine is cleaned and sanitized thoroughly according to FDA standards. When you come to Xu Wellness Center you can be certain that your health and safety is our paramount concern!
What Happens During a Colon Hydrotherapy Session
- One of our colon hydrotherapists will introduce themselves and go over the new patients form (click to download) with you.
- They will explain in depth what happens during a colonics treatment and answer any questions you may have.
- The therapist will thoroughly explain how to rest on the LIBBE, insert the disposable rectal tube, and operate the machine according to your needs.
- Our therapist will then leave to allow you privacy to get on the machine.
- When you are in position the therapist will return and help you get started.
- When the therapist turns the water on you will feel a warm and gentle flow enter your body.
- The therapist will then leave to allow you privacy.
- As your colon starts to fill with water, you will feel the urge to go just as if you were sitting on the toilet. Now is the time to release.
- This will proceed for about 30-45 minutes.
For Best Results Before and After Colon Hydrotherapy
Before a colonic:
It is recommended that you don’t eat anything for two hours before a colonic session. Drink plenty of purified water and stay away from caffeine before the procedure.
After a colonic session:
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Replace intestinal flora.
- Eating veggie soup is recommended.
- Avoid eating raw vegetables for the rest of the day.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours.
- Reduce overall meat consumption and avoid eating red meat for the rest of the day.
Colon hydrotherapy is an excellent detoxifier and a wonderful treatment to help prevent disease. It is also a great way to prepare your colon for inspections such as sigmoidoscopies and colonoscopies.
*Please check Monthly Specials tab for discounts
If you think colon hydrotherapy is the next step to becoming a healthier you or you have more questions than what our page answered, give us a call at (901) 737-8282. You can speak with a qualified colon hydrotherapist, or if you simply wish to book an appointment, talk with our friendly and skilled receptionists.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and like us on facebook, as we frequently have sales on many of our services including this one!